We are members of the Osaka Volunteer Guide Council (OVGC). We are all fascinated by the history of Osaka Castle and the ups and downs it has been through. Our daily activities are devoted to conveying the message of the castle's various virtues. We all wear a green uniform like a traditional Japanese happi coat.
Please feel free to talk to us when you find us in Osaka Castle park and we’ll guide you at your request for free*.
For inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
* Note: “Free of charge” applies only to individuals and small groups.
- Autumn Moon Viewing at Osaka Castle
- Moon Viewing, or Tsukimi in Japanese, is the custom of gazing at the full moon, and enjoying its s...
- Gourd ＆ “Sennari Byoutan”
- In a corner of Osaka Castle, one type of gourd, “Sennari Byoutan” is grown. Gourds are common...
- The summer festival is back in Osaka！！
- The Tenjin Festival, one of Japan's three major festivals, had been cancelled due to the infection...
- Guided high school students (20 people) from the United States.
- On Sunday, July 3, we guided 20 students from Walt Whitman High School, Maryland, USA, from Ote-mon ...
- Ikutama-jinja Shrine Summer Festival is coming！
- It is one of the three major festivals in Osaka. The shrine is about 2 km southwest ...
- Hydrangea garden in Osaka Castle Park
- The rainy season in Japan, especially June, is the time to enjoy hydrangea flowers. Many families ...
- Osaka Castle Tower in the early summer season
- It’s early summer now. It’s one of the best seasons for travel in Japa...
- Azalea is in full bloom!
- There are many azalea trees in Osaka Castle Park. Most of them are of the type called Hirado t...
- The Sakura or cherry blossom season is gone！
- ★The shower of cherry blossom petals The calyces and fresh leaves of the cherry blossom after fal...
- Best time for Sakura viewing!
- The Sakura or cherry blossoms in Osaka Castle Park are in full bloom now. There are about 3,000...
- When in Japan, follow in the Sakura.
- Hello, there. The Sakura or cherry blossoms have just come out. Ch...
- Peach blossom season has come!
- In the north end of Osaka Castle Park: some hundred meters north of the Aoya Gate along the...
- Best time for plum blossom viewing!
- The plum grove in Osaka Castle Park is now in its best. Early and middle blooming ones are in full...
- Plum Blossom Viewing
- There is a plum (ume) tree grove in Osaka Castle Park, and about 1270 plum trees with 100 varie...
- Happy New Year !
- Kadomatsu are a pair of pine decorations which are placed in front of the gates of a residence. ...
- Fukuko Panel
- 2022 is the year of the Tiger.The "Fukuko Panel" is on display in front of the castle tower until ...
- Christmas tree in MIRAIZA
- This is a Christmas tree displayed at the entrance of MIRAIZA OSAKA-JO, in front of the castle tow...
There are various must-see places in Osaka, such as Osaka Castle, ABENO HARUKAS,
Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN, and Tsutenkaku Tower.